Director & Founder
With almost 20 years of coaching experience, Michael is one of Australia's leading development coaches working with juniors and tour profressionals.
With an insatiable passion and thirst for knowledge, Michael's experience has enabled him to gain a comprehensive understanding of tennis at levels and the manner in which to guide those players to achieve their goals. Being exposed to many different training systems worldwide and world class mentors, he has developed a philosophy and methodology for players to grow both as athletes and individuals.
His passion is to develop Australia's next champions and provice players with the fundamentals, knowledge and mindset that gives them the best opportunities to achieve their goals both in tennis and life. Michael has a long-term development vision in building players, with a focus on producing complete players. As a vivid learner, he is constantly on the journey of self-improvement and is up to the date with the game’s current and future trends.
Michael’s record of coaching excellence extends to coaching professional touring players, top international ITF Juniors, National junior champions and US College players. He is coach to WTA Tour professional Zoe Hives, who he has guided from the junior ranks to WTA title winner, Main draw Grand Slam level, the world's top 150 and wins over Bianca Andreescu, Elena Rybakina and Coco Gauff.
As a player, Michael was a No. 1 ranked Australia junior winning National titles in singles and doubles. he represented Australia in various age groups including the Junior Davis Cup. He achieved career high rankings of 615 in singles and 257 in doubles winning serveal titles on the ITF Pro Circuit.
- Tennis Australia High Performance Coach
- WTA Tour Coach
- International Tennis Performance Association (ITPA) Tennis Performance Specialist
- USPTA Professional
- Sanchez-Casal certified
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Finance) Deakin University 2005
MissionHelp each player be empowered through our values and teaching to grow as individuals and control their destiny.The culture and environment where players are thriving and motivated, building character, self-confidence, resilience and a growth mindset.
Our philosophy is based on Long-Term Development with the vision for the player at the forefront of any processes put in place.
No two players are the same, nor at the same developmental stage and thus each person has different requirements. Our environment enables players to focus on their individual goals and prosper in taking the right steps and build the correct foundations for future development. The development of strengths and elimination of flaws to be exposed at higher levels is a cornerstone of our coaching to ensure players are well equipped and confident in maximizing their potential.
Michael Logarzo Tennis combines the best training methods internationally from their years of experience culminating in a program that suits the needs of all players. We offer a comprehensive program aimed at producing 'complete' players.
We take a holisitic approach to development based on 5 key areas and a long term vision with a plan.
5 Key Areas
● Establishing sound technical foundation based on biomechanical principles
● Efficient technique to minimise injury
● Stand up under pressure (TUP)
● Create intelligent players
● How? What? Where? and When?
● Develop game style
● Efficient, precise and balanced court movement to allow players to fully utilise their strokes
● Proper footwork techniques to create better athletes
● Balance under pressure (BUP)
● Injury prevention
● Conditioning, Strength and Flexibility
● Enable players to maximise footwork/movement techniques
● Maintain greater concentration levels
● Develop techniques to better execute technical, tactical and physical qualities
● Develop 'self confidence' and 'belief'
● Perform under pressure
● Emotional wellbeing and mastery
Long Term Planning
AssessAn assessment is done to gauge a players standing in our 5 key areas and includes on court, physical and pyschological testing.
PlanA detailed plan which entails the players goals is set providing a clear pathway of improvement. As the saying goes ' How can you get to where you're going, if you don't know where you wan't to go"
ImplementThe plan is put into practice and everything the player does is specific and done with a purpose.
EvaluateThe development of the player is constantly reviewed and necessary changes are made as goals are met or need to be adjusted.
ExecutePlayers are given the confidence to enter their tournaments/competitions and put into practice all the elements of their training goals.
VALUESA growth mindset and personal development is imperative to athletic performance and a holisitic approach is taken to develop the person as well as the athlete. This is based on our values of
- VISION: The ‘Why” we do what we do?
- RESPECT: The game of tennis, your peers, family and yourself
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Taking total responsibility for your actions.
- RESILIENCE: Courage through adversity.
- PASSION: Love what you do.