Director & Founder
Tennis Performance Specialist
Michael is one of Australia’s leading development coaches, with over 15 years experience working with players at all levels both in Australia and the United States.
With an insatiable passion and thirst for knowledge, Michael's experience has enabled him to gain a comprehensive understanding of tennis at levels and the manner in which to guide those players to achieve their goals. Being exposed to many different training systems worldwide and world class mentors, he has developed a philosophy and methodology for players to grow both as athletes and individuals.
Michael has a long development vision in building players, with a focus on producing complete players. With extensive expertise in all facets of the game, his strength lies in his technical and mental expertise with the ability to identify and more importantly make the necessary corrections to eliminate obstacles in a player’s progression. As a vivid learner, he is constantly on the journey of self-improvement and is up to the date with the game’s current and future trends.
Michael’s record of coaching excellence extends to coaching professional touring players, top international ITF Juniors, National junior champions and US College players. He was Head Coach of Chris Lewit Tennis Academy (New York, USA 2007-09) and founded MCC Tennis Academy (2010-16), and creating a comprehensive junior development program and pathway leading to Premier League and Asia-Pacific tennis League success.
As a player, Michael was ranked No. 1 nationally and represented Australia in the Junior Davis Cup (formerly World Youth Cup), He reached a career high ranking of 615 (singles) and 257 (doubles), competed at the Australian Open and served as a hitting partner to Steffi Graf, Monica Seles and John Mcenroe.
- Tennis Australia High Performance Coach
- USPTA Professional Coach
- Sanchez-Casal & RPT Certified Coach
- International Tennis Performance Association (IPTA) Certified Tennis Performance Specialist
- Etcheberry Certified Trainer
- Head Coach, Chris Lewit Tennis Academy, New York USA (2007-2009)
- Founder/Director/Head Coach MCC Tennis Academy, Melbourne Australia (2010 - 2016)
- Hitting Partner to Steffi Graf, Monica Seles & John Mcenroe
- ATP Ranked
- Coached ATP/WTA, ITF Junior players
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Finance) Deakin University 2005
MissionHelp each player be empowered through our values and teaching to grow as individuals and control their destiny.The culture and environment where players are thriving and motivated, building character, self-confidence, resilience and a growth mindset.
Our philosophy is based on Long-Term Development with the vision for the player at the forefront of any processes put in place.
No two players are the same, nor at the same developmental stage and thus each person has different requirements. Our environment enables players to focus on their individual goals and prosper in taking the right steps and build the correct foundations for future development. The development of strengths and elimination of flaws to be exposed at higher levels is a cornerstone of our coaching to ensure players are well equipped and confident in maximizing their potential.
Michael Logarzo Tennis combines the best training methods internationally from their years of experience culminating in a program that suits the needs of all players. We offer a comprehensive program aimed at producing 'complete' players.
We take a holisitic approach to development based on 5 key areas and a long term vision with a plan.
5 Key Areas
● Establishing sound technical foundation based on biomechanical principles
● Efficient technique to minimise injury
● Stand up under pressure (TUP)
● Create intelligent players
● How? What? Where? and When?
● Develop game style
● Efficient, precise and balanced court movement to allow players to fully utilise their strokes
● Proper footwork techniques to create better athletes
● Balance under pressure (BUP)
● Injury prevention
● Conditioning, Strength and Flexibility
● Enable players to maximise footwork/movement techniques
● Maintain greater concentration levels
● Develop techniques to better execute technical, tactical and physical qualities
● Develop 'self confidence' and 'belief'
● Perform under pressure
● Emotional wellbeing and mastery
Long Term Planning
AssessAn assessment is done to gauge a players standing in our 5 key areas and includes on court, physical and pyschological testing.
PlanA detailed plan which entails the players goals is set providing a clear pathway of improvement. As the saying goes ' How can you get to where you're going, if you don't know where you wan't to go"
ImplementThe plan is put into practice and everything the player does is specific and done with a purpose.
EvaluateThe development of the player is constantly reviewed and necessary changes are made as goals are met or need to be adjusted.
ExecutePlayers are given the confidence to enter their tournaments/competitions and put into practice all the elements of their training goals.
VALUESA growth mindset and personal development is imperative to athletic performance and a holisitic approach is taken to develop the person as well as the athlete. This is based on our values of
- VISION: The ‘Why” we do what we do?
- RESPECT: The game of tennis, your peers, family and yourself
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Taking total responsibility for your actions.
- RESILIENCE: Courage through adversity.
- PASSION: Love what you do.